Sunday, October 20, 2019

Assessing in the new age

So I am trying something different this blog post. I am trying out my first Podcast. I was inspired by both my principal and by author and speaker George Couros who recently spoke at a training our district put on as part of our state training day. We were challenged to do something new and innovative in our practice to help inspire kids and let them explore the world around them using the tools that are out there rather than the tools we are familiar with. I have been trying to do this for the majority of my teaching life and have had some successes and some failures which is how it goes. 

Today I will be talking about assessments and highlighting a way to assess kids that I was inspired to try but Author and game designer Jane McGonigal in her book Reality is Broken. This is my first attempt at podcasting so be kind in your feedback.  The format is my unscripted thoughts on the topic and more like a informal presentation I might be giving to a group of teachers. 

A link to the podcast is below:


Link will be inactive after 90 days if anyone knows of a better way to host my podcasts for free I am all ears or if you know of a way to attach an MP3 in blogger I am also all ears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment